Try this super snack with your child today! It works for breakfast or a short eat for when your child is back from school. Best of all, you can make it together with them. Get him/her to measure and mix the flours, mash the banana and whisk the egg if very young. And, if a bit older, make the pancakes too.
- 1/2 cup Fields of Gold Organic Ragi Flour (Finger Millet)
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 pinch Rock Salt
- 1 Whole Egg*
- Cooking oil
- Mix the 2 flours together in a large mixing bowl
- Mash the banana
- Whish the egg
- Add the egg and the banana to the flour in the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly to make batter of pouring consistency – not too thin and not too thick
- Heat the pan and grease it lightly
- Once hot, gently pour a ladle-full of batter on it
- Let it cook on medium heat for a few minutes
- When the top begins to bubble you know it’s getting cooked.
- Flip to the other side and cook for a few minutes more
- Flip again, onto your plate and eat with butter, honey or jaggery.
| Vegetarians can replace egg with Pristine’s 3-min egg substitute
1. For one egg, take 1 tbsp ground Field of Gold Organic Flaxseed in a bowl.
Note: This is just a rough substitute and may not work for recipes calling for exact measurements.