|Fields of Gold-Barnyard millet||½ cup|
|Baking soda||½ tsp|
|Oil (for cooking the crusts)||1-2 tsp|
|Millet crust pizza|
|Onions, green capsicum, tomatoes cubed||1/3 cup|
|Sweetcorn kernals||A few|
|Tomato sauce||1/3 cup|
|Mozzarella cheese||As required|
- Soak the millet in enough water for at least an hour and grind into a smooth paste.
- Add baking powder, maida along with salt and mix well(you can also ferment the batter in a warm place for 6 hours)
- Heat a flat pan. Pour a ladle full of the prepared batter- don’t spread it. Spread few drops of oil all over the crust, cook and flip it to the other side.
- Preheat the oven at 180’c for about 5-7 mins.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place these prepared pizza crusts on the baking tray.
- Spread the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Place cubed onions, capsicum and sweetcorn all over the pizza.
- Bake/grill at 180’c for about 7-10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the vegetables are toasted.
- Serve hot with red chili flakes and mixed Italian herbs on top