- 300g of chickpeas
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice from half a lemon (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, garlic, flaxseeds, spices, salt, and lemon juice. Give that a good blend,
- Add the oil in 2-3 batches. You don’t want to add it all at once as it might not blend as well as if you add it slowly.
- Taste and add more salt, cayenne, or even pepper if you think it needs it.
- When you’re ready to serve, you can drizzle on a little more olive oil, flax seeds or squeeze on the remaining lemon juice.