|Millet rawa||3 cups|
|Black gram dal||1 cup|
- Millet rawa and black gram dal are taken separately and soaked in water for 3 hours.
- Black gram dal is then grinded in a wet grinder until it becomes a soft batter.
- Water is drained out from the soaked millet rawa and is mixed with the soft batter.
- The mixture is mixed thoroughly and allowed to ferment for 2 hours.
- After that a little salt is added to the batter for taste and idlis are steamed in idli steamer.
- Idlis are cooked till they get soft texture and served hot with chutney.