- 75 g amaranth
- 1/2tsp sunflower oil
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 smoked pepper (chopped)
- Raisins ¼ cup
- 1 tablespoon lemon mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime (juice only)
- 1-2 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- A pinch pepper
- A pinch salt
- mixed salad leaves
- Cook the amaranth for roughly 15 minutes in 150 ml of water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and put the lid on while you leave it bubbling away.
- Leave the amaranth to cool. It will still look very sticky. You want the grains to be soft but still a bit crunchy. Add the pomegranate seeds and raisins to the amaranth once cooled, add cilantro and smoked peppers and mix everything well.
- Make a dressing by putting lemon mayonnaise and the balsamic vinegar together and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can add the lime juice to the dressing
- Put some of the salad leaves in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Add the amaranth mix on top, sprinkle with some extra pomegranate seeds