Chikki is a traditional Indian sweet made of ghee, jaggery, and peanuts. It keeps the body warm and energized. Make it more nutritious by adding flax and sesame seeds.
- Roast flax seeds and pistachios on a medium flame for 2 to 3 mins and keep aside.
- Roast peanuts for 5-6 minutes on medium-low flame till crunchy and there’s no raw smell.
- Once roasted, let them cool down a bit, and remove all the skin.
- Place jaggery granules, ghee, and water in a pan. Switch on the heat on low-medium.
- Heat jaggery until it reaches the hardball stage. You can check by dropping some syrup in a bowl of cold water. If it sinks to the bottom and solidifies, it’s the right stage.
- Add the roasted peanuts, pistachios and flax seeds to the pan and mix well till peanuts are well coated with syrup.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper. You can also use a plate/baking pan which has been greased well. Roll the mixture.
- Once it is set, mark lines with a knife so that it is easier to cut into pieces. Let the chikki cool completely.
- Break peanut chikki into pieces and serve.