The onset of the Mango Season brings in a beautiful variation to the commonly made Nimbehannu chitranna. This scrumptious South Karnataka dish when tweaked with raw mango is called Mavinakayi chitranna. Keeping the traditional flavours intact thereby enhancing its health benefits with Kodo Millet – Enjoy this tangy dish that leaves you wanting more.
- Fields of Gold Kodo Millet: 1 cup (125 gms)
- Raw Mango: ½ no. (Peeled and grated)
- Mustard Seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- Chana Dal: 1 teaspoon
- Urad Dal Split: 1 teaspoon
- Red Chillies Dry: 4 nos
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
- Organic Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Fields of Gold Desi Ghee: 1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves: 2 to 3 sprigs
- Rock Salt: as per taste
- Wash and soak Kodo Millet for 15 mins in warm water.
- Strain the soaked Millet and boil with a teaspoon of salt and few drops of oil in excess of water for around 10 mins. It should be soft but not mushy.
- Heat oil and Ghee together in a non-stick pan. Add mustard & let it splutter.
- Add Chana dal, urad dal, peanuts, curry leaves, asafoetida, red chilies and let it saute for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric,salt, grated mango and finally the preboiled millets to it.
- Stir for a minute on high heat and let it sit for couple mins.
- Serve it with some mint chutney, or yogurt as per your likings.
Comments are closed